ADVA® high-range water reducers
High-range water reducers used to consistently produce high strength concrete
ADVA® is a family of high-range water reducers used in the production of ready mix, precast and prestressed concrete. In addition to providing excellent water reduction, ADVA® products generate higher compressive strengths, better slump retention, improved rheology, enhanced air control, superior finishability and robustness across a wide range of materials, including both flowable and self-consolidating concrete.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
ADVA® 152M is a new polycarboxylic high range water-reducing admixture. It is specially formulated to produce high slump, high workability concrete with increased strength and durability.
- Highly effective in low water-cement concrete
- Provides a superior combination of long slump life with near neutral set time
- Easily added to concrete mix water for rapid batching
- Produces concrete with extreme workability characteristics for high slump, flowing concrete
ADVA® 181 is a high range, retarding, water-reducing, superplasticising admixture based on the latest comb polymer technology. It is specially formulated to produce high strength concrete with good slump retention.
- Specially formulated for high strength concrete with design strengths above 60MPa
- Provides a superior combination of long slump life with moderate time extension
- Highly efficient, producing high slump concrete at very low dosage
- Produces concrete with very high strength while maintaining excellent workability characteristics for high slump, pumpable concrete
ADVA® 181M is a high performance, new generation mid-range water reducer based on comb polymer technology. It is a ready-to-use liquid admixture with superior dispersing capacity for the cement particles in the concrete mix.
- Provides long slump life with controlled set times.
- Finishes easily without stickiness, tearing or spotty set characteristics.
- Less susceptible to segregation and bleeding
- Suitable for a wide range of quality concrete, from low to higher grade concrete, by adjusting addition rate
ADVA® 181N is a high range, water-reducing, superplasticising admixture based on the latest comb polymer technology.
- Formulated for high strength concrete with design strengths above 60MPa.
- Highly efficient
- Provides a superior combination of long slump life with neutral set
- ADVA 181N produces concrete with very high strength while maintaining excellent workability characteristics for high slump, pumpable concrete
ADVA® products do it all
Whether it’s keeping the water/cement ratio to a minimum while achieving high strength and durability or producing extremely workable high slump, there's not a lot that ADVA® products can't do.
ADVA® 405 when used in Self-Consolidating Concrete (SCC) provides excellent blemish-free form finishes. ADVA® 198 provides excellent slump retention and near neutral set properties. From design to production to construction, there's no aspect of the concrete creation process that ADVA® can't help with.
What are the benefits of Self-Consolidating Concrete?
Self-Consolidating Concrete is a highly flowable, non-segregating concrete that spreads into place, fills formwork, self-compacts and encapsulates even the most congested reinforcement, all without any mechanical vibration.
SCC produced with ADVA® products provides unique advantages over conventional flowing concrete:
Lower SCC viscosity
- No blocking
Workability, durability, high strength result in superior concrete
ADVA® products are high efficiency polycarboxylate-based superplasticisers especially formulated to extend slump-flow life while imparting extreme workability without segregation to concrete, to achieve high early compressive strength.
These ADVA® products can:
Produce SCC concrete with extremely high levels of workability without segregation.
Provide superior water tolerance to the concrete making it less susceptible to normal manufacturing moisture fluctuations.
Extend slump life to enable batch plant adjustments and predictable job site plastic properties.
Provide superior concrete surface finish characteristics with reduced bugholing.
Perfect your mix with GCP Technical Services
There is a wide variety of admixtures in the ADVA® product family to achieve nearly any desired result for ready mix, precast and prestressed concrete. We work closely with all of our clients to ensure that they can get the results they want. Our global support team offers 24/7 assistance and consultation for concrete producers.