PREPRUFE® pre-applied waterproofing solutions
A high performance, fully adhered, pre-applied waterproofing system for critical below grade applications.
Below ground waterproofing is a standout challenge for any construction project. Leaks from groundwater, storm water runoff or irrigation water may impact the foundation of any building that's improperly waterproofed—and when concrete is involved, there are any number of ways that water can travel into and around a structure.
- Water can come up through the seams of a poorly designed or improperly installed waterproofing membrane
- Job site conditions such as dust can spoil the adhesion of membrane to concrete and prevent a system from performing as designed
- Imperfections, voids and cracks in concrete can create a pathway for water to migrate in and around a structure.
To manage the risks outlined above and meet the challenges of below-grade construction, a robust, high performing and easily installed waterproofing system is required.
PREPRUFE® Product Documents
|Product Name||Product Data Sheet|
|PREPRUFE® 300R & 160R|
|PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus|
|PREPRUFE® CJ Tape|
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
PREPRUFE® 300R & 160R membranes are unique composite sheets comprising a thick HDPE film, an aggressive, pressure-sensitive adhesive and a weather-resistant protective coating. Unlike conventional non-adhering membranes, which are vulnerable to water ingress tracking between the unbonded membrane and structure, the unique Preprufe seal to concrete prevents any ingress or migration of water around the structure.
- Forms a unique, integral seal to concrete poured against it
- Fully-adhered watertight laps and detailing
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas
- Heavy-duty grade for use below slabs and on rafts (i.e. mud slabs)
- Thinner grade for lighter applications and reverse tanking (i.e. blindside zero property line) applications against permanent formwork
REPRUFE ®300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE ﬁlm, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating. Designed with ADVANCED BOND TECHNOLOGY™ and dual adhesive ZIPLAP™ seams, PREPRUFE® Plus membranes form a unique, integral bond to poured concrete. This integral bond is specifically designed to provide a robust barrier to water, moisture and gas and prevents both the ingress and lateral migration of water.
- Forms a unique continuous adhesive bond
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas
- Easy roll/kick out installation
- Release liner free
- Applied horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, carton forms or well rolled and compacted earth or crushed stone substrate
- Applied vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures
GCP Applied Technologies (“GCP”) PREPRUFE 300S Membranes is an unique multiple-layer composite sheets comprised of a high performance HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating. Designed with Advanced Bond Technology PREPRUFE 300S Membranes form a unique, integral bond to poured concrete. This integral bond is specifically designed to provide a robust barrier to water, moisture and gas and to prevent both the ingress and lateral migration of water. Selvedge overlaps and deliver superior performance in harsh conditions without the need for specialized equipment, heat or power.
- The unique continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it and is designed to prevent water migration, enabling it to be unaffected by ground settlement beneath slabs
- Designed with fully adhered self-adhesive watertight seams and easy to execute detailing. Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate
- Installed membrane is unaffected by wet jobsite conditions - Does not activate prematurely
PREPRUFE 300S Membranes are supplied in rolls 1.2m wide, with a selvedge on one side to provide self-adhered laps for continuity between rolls. The rolls of PREPRUFE Membrane (on the side-lap) and Preprufe Tapes (including Preprufe Tape and Preprufe DS Tape) are manufactured with a disposable plastic release liner that must be removed before placing reinforcement and concrete. NOTE that the release liner must also be removed before application of any required Tapes and at all surfaces where a bond between layers is to be formed.
PREPRUFE® SCS is a unique blindside waterproofing system specifically developed to provide a high performance waterproofing solution for shotcrete foundation walls.
- Post-injected grout fills and seals, providing ultimate waterproofing protection
- Aggressive bond to shotcrete resists lateral water migration
- Excellent resistance to hydrostatic pressure
- Durable system designed specifically to withstand the force of shotcrete placement
PREPRUFE® Tape is a specially formulated, two sided, reinforced, pressure-sensitive tape. The bottom side of the tape has a highly aggressive, pressure-sensitive adhesive which is designed to adhere to penetrations, protrusions and BITUTHENE® Membranes.
- Develops a continuous mechanical bond to concrete
- Used in detail areas including end laps, penetrations and various tie-ins.
Protect your building with a three-layer membrane
Comprised of a robust HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive and protective coating, PREPRUFE® forms a robust, permanent and aggressive adhesive bond with any concrete slab. PREPRUFE® products are specifically designed to perform in critical applications and incorporate Advanced Bond Technology™ to ensure fully adhered and long lasting product performance. This technology allows PREPRUFE® to form a continuous unbroken seal with the concrete for the design life of the project.
A proven, reliable waterproofing solution for critical applications
PREPRUFE® waterproofing Advanced Bond Technology™ creates a continuous, integral and permanent adhesive bond to concrete. This seal prevents the lateral migration of water into and around the structure and provides performance for the lifetime of the structure. In the case of a breach or installation error, this fully-bonded membrane ensures that water under hydrostatic pressure is unable to migrate between the membrane and concrete, therefore limiting the risk of catastrophic waterproofing failure. Independent testing and a 25+ year track record has proven that PREPRUFE® can resist lateral water migration at extremely high pressure – 70+ meters of hydrostatic head pressure. For this reason, PREPRUFE® systems are globally proven in the world's most critical applications.
Contractor friendly, straightforward installation to ensure performance and accelerate project schedules
Many systems in the market today require the use of welding or mechanically fastened laps. These installation requirements require a skilled installer, introduce risk to the installation and take time, effort and expertise. These methods requires a large crew and specialised equipment in addition to creating the potential for dangerous and unpleasant site conditions such as odour. In addition to the logistical challenges, these processes tend to be finicky— common jobsite challenges such as dust and moisture can easily result in incorrectly completed laps and details, both of which may result in expensive and costly long-term consequences.
By contrast, PREPRUFE® Plus can be applied with a minimal crew and requires no special equipment for installation. Installation is simple: a "kick-out" design allows workers to unroll a sheet in seconds. A dual adhesive ZipLap™ seam allows sheets to bond to one another easily, and the adhesive is designed to resist common nuisance conditions onsite - dust, debris and moisture.
With applications on mega projects such as the Alaskan Viaduct, the largest bored tunnel on Earth, PREPRUFE® has been proven the world over in critical applications. Over the last 25 years, builders have installed more than 650 million square feet (over 60 million m2) of PREPRUFE® in below-ground applications—there’s hardly a more trusted brand in waterproofing. For more information on how PREPRUFE® can benefit your project, contact GCP today.